Thank you for being a Cubify Host. When you receive your hotspot, follow these steps to set it up.
- Identify the best location for the hotspot. Good placement is key and will significantly impact earnings – it could be the difference between earning £10 a month and earning £200 per month. Ideally, it would be best to place the hotspot at the highest point in your house/apartment in a window with the most comprehensive angle view. This is because the signal will travel much further if it has a direct line of sight outside and doesn’t have to pass through walls. Please also ensure that the antenna is oriented vertically and that the window/location you choose does not have bug screens – the metal in the bug screen will substantially reduce the signal. See below for some example installations.
- Attach the antenna to the hotspot and place the hotspot in the location you selected. We have included 2x 3M sticky pads for you to stick the hotspot to the window.
- Connect the power supply to the hotspot. The hotspot will boot up – this takes about a minute.
- Download the “Helium Hotspot Utility” app on your phone from either the iPhone App Store or Android App Store. You will use this app to configure the hotspot to connect to your Wi-Fi network.
- Press the pairing button on the side of the hotspot to enable Bluetooth pairing mode. The hotspot will remain in pairing mode for ~5 minutes.
- Open the “Helium Hotspot Utility” app on your phone and follow the instructions to connect to the hotspot. If the app cannot find the hotspot make sure Bluetooth is enabled on your phone. If that does not work, it’s likely the pairing window ended – press the pairing button on the hotspot and try again.
- Use the app to configure the Wi-Fi Network. If you have a guest Wi-Fi network, we recommend using it for the best security.
That’s it! The hotspot is now connected to the Internet and will start providing coverage. Would you mind letting us know if you have any questions? And thank you for joining us on this exciting journey?